Act fast with the help of the Ooma Smoke Alarm.
Get notified immediately even while away from home with in-app, phone call, text and email alerts. And, know exactly where the smoke was detected.
Ooma Smoke Alarm Key Details
- Works stand-alone or with the Ooma Smart Security system.
- Uses photoelectric smoke detection and sounds a loud 85 dB alarm.
- Receive alerts via app notifications, phone, text, email, and Ooma Telo voice announcements.
- Take action with optional Ooma Remote 911 even when you’re away from home.
- Includes a large button for testing and also to hush false alarms for 5 minutes.
- Comes with a 10-year non-replaceable battery, mounting screws, and drywall anchors.
- Easy, do-it-yourself installation
Ooma Smoke Alarm
ou may mount your Smoke Alarm on a flat ceiling, sloped ceiling or wall. However, the Smoke Alarm must be 4 inches from any corner and at least 12 inches up on the wall. On a sloped ceiling, it must be within 36 inches of the center of the ceiling.
To mount your Smoke Alarm, follow these steps:
- Screw the mounting plate to the ceiling or use the included screws and drywall anchors.
- Hole your Ooma Smoke Alarm to the mounting plate and turn it clockwise.
The Ooma Smoke Alarm uses two lithium-ion batteries that are permanently sealed inside the alarm. No battery installation or replacement is necessary for the life of the alarm.
The Smoke Alarm’s batteries have an expected life of 10 years. When the alarm nears the end of its life, the Smoke Alarm will “chirp” every minute for at least 30 days. You will then need to purchase and install a new Ooma Smoke Alarm.
P.S – Please read our Notice under Warnings and Limitations. It’s important to note that pairing Smoke Alarm with Ooma Smart Security App can drain the battery if Smoke Alarm and Telo have interrupted internet connection.